Top Infectious Disease Risk Manager Safely2Prosperity LLC Announces That Executive Director and Vice Provost of the University of Tennessee - Oak Ridge Institute’s Dr. Joan Bienvenue, is Appointed to S2P’s Advisory Board
May 4, 2023 – (BOSTON)
Safely2Prosperity L.L.C. (S2P) Founder and Executive Chairman Dr. John Norris, JD, MBA, a former COO of the FDA, and CEO Dr. Haden Land are pleased to announce the appointment of the Executive Director and Vice Provost of the University of Tennessee - Oak Ridge Innovation Institute’s (UT-ORII) Dr. Joan Bienvenue, to its Advisory Board as a Member. And as a Member of S2P’s Advisory Board Customer Relations Committee, Chaired by senior executive Ed Longstrom.
Dr. Joan Bienvenue, also previously the inaugural Senior Executive Director of the University of Virginia’s Applied Research Institute, has successfully launched two institutes dedicated to developing research, education, and workforce development programs while also having spent time in industry with Lockheed Martin in research and development. She joined S2P's Advisory Board as Member, effective March 1, 2023, and has been appointed to a three-year term.
Dr. Bienvenue's substantive areas of expertise cover a broad spectrum of the needs of businesses, academia, and government agencies for education, workforce development, and research needs across industries, from national security to energy—and beyond. Her passion is developing new joint programs that integrate the resources of various constituent groups to serve novel needs.
At Oak Ridge National Lab and in partnership with the University of Tennessee System, Dr. Joan Bienvenue is responsible for UT-ORII, a collaborative joint effort funded by the State of Tennessee, to align the expertise and infrastructure of the partners and be a hub for world-class discovery, innovation, interdisciplinary graduate education, and talent development.
Previously, Dr. Bienvenue held numerous positions in technology development, research, and analysis.
More Details on Dr. Joan Bienvenue’s Background and Expertise
Dr. Joan Bienvenue is a recognized expert in microfluidic systems and forensic DNA analysis, as well as a successful inventor, scientist, board member, program manager, executive, and conference chair. She has an exceptional blend of leadership excellence and deep technical knowledge and expertise in her areas of specialty.
More of the details:
• She received a BS in Chemistry from Rivier University, an MS in Forensic Science from the University of New Haven, a PhD in Chemistry from the University of Virginia (UVA), and an MBA from the University of Mary Washington. And she was an ORISE Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the FBI.
She also served as:
• Executive Director of the Applied Research Institute (ARI) for UVA.
• Chief Scientist and Program Manager at Lockheed Martin, in support of the development of rapid microfluidic DNA analysis systems.
• Validation and Quality Control Supervisor at Armed Forces DNA Identification Laboratory.
• National Institute of Justice Research Fellow for UVA.
• Inaugural Executive Director and Vice Provost for Oak Ridge National Laboratory at the University of Tennessee.
• Listed as Inventor on five US patents.
• Creator and Conference Chair for the annual Commonwealth Conference on National Defense and Intelligence for seven years
• Co-creator and Inaugural Chair of the Gordon Research Conference on Forensic Analysis of Human DNA.
• A Fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences.
• An appointee to the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine, Board on Army Research and Development.
• Member of Advisory Boards at:
• Tickle College of Engineering at the University of Tennessee.
• University of Tennessee One Health Initiative.
• East Tennessee Economic Council.
In sum, Dr. Joan Bienvenue is a visionary leader with strong roots across academia, government, and industry. She has successfully performed in senior executive positions, is a proven leader, and possesses an exceptional blend of professional experiences within high technology and management.
About Safely2Prosperity LLC
Safely2Prosperity LLC is a leading company based in the US (Boston). It provides innovative solutions to selected countries, government agencies, companies, and other organizations, such as call centers, hospitals, and schools/universities, among others, for next-generation infectious disease spread and other workplace disease risk management. Its often life-saving cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) tools help its customers with preparedness, oversight, prevention, mitigation, control, and permanent record-keeping functions, among others. S2P helps companies to stay highly productive and to defend legal or regulatory actions against them vigorously. At the same time, S2P helps companies to prevent significant harm to workers and their families. The Founder and Executive Chairman, Dr. John Norris, is a world-renowned thought leader in health and healthcare risk management, a former Principal Deputy Commissioner and COO of the US FDA, and a former Harvard faculty member. Safety2Prosperity's CEO and CTO is former Lockheed Martin senior executive Dr. Haden Land. S2P has created a set of IT-based "Software-as-a-Service" platforms that help enable enterprises to manage their COVID-19 and other infectious disease transmission prevention and mitigation Safety Programs and soon safety programs for other workplace diseases such as certain cancers and heart, lung, and kidney diseases. The S2P IT Dashboards include trends, alarms (immediate), alerts (soon), predictive analytics, contact tracing, infected-employee isolation control, and exposed-employee quarantine management. In addition, S2P's "Continual Enterprise Portal" offers a health and wellness IT hub designed to provide continuously updated resources and a platform for enterprise engagement. And S2P provides a "Safety Standard" for enterprises to work towards always. Experts widely expect that by the end of this decade, company-sponsored workplace "Infectious Disease (and other diseases, such as workplace chemically-caused diseases) Safety Programs" will be as ubiquitous worldwide as workplace "Fire Safety Programs" are today.
© 2023 Safely2Prosperity L.L.C. and Dr. John Norris, J.D., M.B.A.