John Norris, JD, MBA
Many of the details:
1. Norris has over 25,000 LinkedIn followers and contacts. He has given some 300 Life-Science, Healthcare and HC IT/AI/ML-related talks in the US and worldwide. He has served long-term on 20 top boards. He has advised, long-term, CEOs and/or other senior executives of 30 well-known US and Global advisory clients.
2. He is experienced in taking companies public then private, and then selling them to world-class buyers at a high premium, all to enhance shareholder value.
3. Norris has served as a Board Chairman, CEO, or COO for many other enterprises. He has managed 14,000+ employees and a $6B budget in today’s dollars. With his partners, he co-led the negotiation of a deal that sold one of their young companies to Nestle for today’s equivalent of $1.5 billion, producing extensive investor ROIs.
4. He is a prolific editor and writer. He has served as editor-in-chief of two academic journals, one at Cornell and the other at Harvard. He has published more than 18 articles (and dozens of LinkedIn posts) on how to better manage the COVID-19 crisis, both in the US and worldwide.
5. Uniquely, worldwide for decades, Norris has advocated using hand-held, very low-cost, quick, “fully self-administered, AI-driven, infection spread mitigation tests”—similar to pregnancy tests and blood-glucose tests.
6. He is a former Principal Deputy Commissioner and COO of the FDA, a former Harvard faculty member, and a current Chairman of the Board of FDTH Regulatory Affairs Strategies LLC and Safely2Prosperity LLC.
7. On boards, Norris helps senior executives, and their boards, formulate, negotiate, and execute fully their critical (a) strategic action plans (SAPs), (b) FDA applications and negotiations, and (c) funding-agreements.
8. His current or former long-term clients and board-seats include: Life Sciences—Pfizer, Konica Minolta, and Summit Technology; Healthcare—Harvard’s Partners HealthCare System (now Mass General Brigham), MGH, and HCHP; Health-Related—The AMA, The MHA, and The Joint Commission. All are prominent enterprises.
9. Norris’ own HC and life sciences or business advisors have included: Dr. Frank Young, Former FDA Commissioner; Dr. Harvey Fineberg, Former Harvard Provost; Dr. Sam Thier, Former Partners HealthCare (now Mass General Brigham) CEO; Mr. Fred Hassan, Former Pharma CEO; Mr. Tom O’Neill, Former Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor; and Mr. Bob Dilenschneider, Former Hill & Knowlton CEO. His mentors have included Mr. Bill Steere, Former Pfizer CEO; and Mr. Yuji Kuroiwa, Current Kanagawa Prefecture (State), Japan, Governor.
10. His responsibilities have included input in decision-making on: (a) product roadmap and business direction; (b) governance and policy development; (c) strategic direction, monitoring organizational effectiveness, and overseeing financial and budgetary issues; and (d) determining critical programmatic policies and directions.
11. Norris’ top experiences include fulfilling all of the above, plus providing or developing: (a) existing and new markets, by extensive publishing and widespread public speaking; (b) top-drawer leadership of boards of similar companies to develop critical industry insights; (c) monitoring the success of customer and worker satisfaction, growth, revenue, and profit initiatives using Norris’ specific knowledge, skills and experiences in key areas such as: (i) business development, (ii) business finance, (iii) marketing, (iv) public relations, and (v) branding.
12. His key honors include an 800-board-score; a Boston Ten Outstanding Young Leader (TOYL) award, an award he shares with President Kennedy; a rank of 3rd in business school class; national/regional recognition in college sports; US President’s/HHS Secretary’s recognition for co-leading management of: (a) FDA-Reform; (b) the Tylenol Crisis; and (c) the Chernobyl Crisis. Public Service includes Kiwanis; Beth-Israel Plymouth; Hunger Project
13. Norris has undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate training in chemical engineering, economics, political science, computing, Russian, Chinese, law (JD), business (MBA), and government, at Harvard, Cornell and Rochester.
Hon. John Norris, JD, MBA, is the founder and CEO of Safely2Prosperity, LLC. He is a globally recognized visionary and thought-leader in, and aggressive creator and executor of, strategies for better managing Life Sciences, Healthcare and HC IT/AI/ML product development, regulatory affairs filings and negotiations, and crisis management. Above all, Norris has over 50-years’ of highly recognized experience and success in risk management and in complex-problem-solving—as proven by his recruitment by and later recognition by a US President and his Secretary of HHS to co-lead the last major internal reform of the FDA, to enhance FDA’s productivity and utility. In accomplishing these key goals, Norris has helped raise billions of dollars to support important Life Sciences, Healthcare, and HC IT/AI/ML advances by (a) for-profit companies, (b) not-for-profit organizations, and (c) government agencies, in the US and worldwide.