Advisory Board Member Emeritus
Mr. Revell is a former deputy director of the US FBI, where he had a highly distinguished career and received numerous awards for outstanding service. He now is a much sought-after national security, international security, and general business expert, speaker, and author. And he is the founder and President of Revell Group International, Inc., a global business and security consulting firm based in Rowlett, Dallas County, Texas. He also serves as Executive V.P. of Rogue DNA, Inc, a company based in Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
As part of Revell's FBI career, at one time or another, he led and was responsible for the Personnel, Budget, Finance, Physical and Personnel Security, and Criminal Investigative sectors of the FBI. And as Deputy Director, he reported directly to the Director and provided oversight of much of the FBI's policing business.
In this capacity, he served as the Director's deputy in charge of the FBI's Criminal Investigative, Counter-Terrorism, and Counter Intelligence programs. He was also responsible for international investigative and liaison activities of the Bureau, including its Legal Attaché. And he had additional responsibility for planning and successfully implementing the FBI's newly acquired drug enforcement jurisdiction.
Mr. Revell was or is:
- A member of the U.S. President's Council on Integrity and Efficiency and Chairman of the Council's Committee on Integrity and Law Enforcement.
- A member of the Attorney General's Economic Crime Council and served as Chairman of the INTERPOL Conference on International Financial Crime, Cannes, France.
- A member of the National Foreign Intelligence Board, the Terrorist Crisis Management Committee, the Deputies Committee of the National Security Council, and the White House Oversight Working Group on Narcotics.
- Vice Chairman of the Interagency Group for Counterintelligence.
- A member of the Senior Review Group of the Vice President's Task Force on Terrorism.
- A US delegate to the United Nations International Conference on Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, Vienna, Austria.
- A member of the Senior Policy Group of the Vice President's Task Force on Border Control Issues.
- An Advisor to the President's Commission on Aviation Security and Terrorism.
- A member of "The Executive Session on Policing," Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University.
- Placed in charge of a joint FBI/CIA/US military operation (Operation Goldenrod), which led to the first apprehension overseas of an international terrorist. President Reagan commended him for his leadership in this endeavor.
- A recipient of the U.S. Presidential Rank Award of "Distinguished Senior Executive."
- A recipient of the U.S. Presidential Rank Award of "Meritorious Senior Executive."
- A recipient of a Commendation from the U.S. Secretary of Defense for his significant contributions to the National Defense, including the Desert Storm Campaign.
- Awarded "The FBI Medal for Meritorious Achievement
- Awarded the "National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal" by the Director of Central Intelligence (CIA).
- In command of joint Federal law enforcement efforts to suppress the riots and civil disorder in Texas and Los Angeles.
- Recipient of the U.S. Attorney General's "Special Commendation Award" for "outstanding leadership in overseeing Federal law enforcement agencies' response to the civil disorder in Los Angeles, California."
- Awarded the "Albert J. Wood Public Affairs Award" by the Middle East Forum "for his efforts in the fight against International Terrorism."
- Recipient of the Gusi Peace Prize for 2010 in Manila, Philippines, for his leadership of and contributions to International Law Enforcement & Peace Keeping.
- Responsible for authoring numerous articles on Terrorism, Counter-Intelligence, Organized Crime, and Criminal Justice. And a frequent speaker at the National and International levels on these and other Criminal Justice and National Security subjects.
- Responsible for authoring a book on the inside view of President Kennedy's assassination of someone who helped to investigate it.
- An advisor on International Organized Crime to the National Security Council and a consultant to the U.S. President's Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection.
- A member of the U.S. Secretary of Defense's Task Force on Responses to Transnational Threats and Co-Chairman of its Threat Assessment Group.
- President of the Law Enforcement Television Network (LETN), a nationwide training, information, education, and news satellite system for law enforcement, located in Carrollton, Texas.
- A member of the Executive Assessment Panel, Law Enforcement Technology and Policy, National Institute of Justice, Washington, D.C.
- A Commentator on numerous National and International television news and commentary programs, such as "60 Minutes", "Face the Nation," "Nightline," "Dateline," and various CNN programs. He now is a frequent commentator for National Public Radio, NPR and the Fox News Network, CNBC, MSNBC, Court T.V., the British BBC, the Japanese NHK, and the Canadian Broadcast Company, CBC.
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI), Washington, DC
- A member and Chairman Emeritus, North Texas Crime Commission
- A member and Chairman Emeritus, Advisory Board, Institute for Law Enforcement Administration
- A Trustee of the Center for American and International Law of Plano, Texas
- Chairman (Emeritus), Board of Regents, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (A professional association with 25,000 members in 80 countries), Austin, TX
- A member of the Steering Committee, Transnational Threat Project, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS
- A member of CSIS's Private Sector Advisory Board (PSAG) and the CSIS International Policy Roundtable, Washington, D.C.
- A member of the Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC), U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C.
- A member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (Life Member)
Terrorism Committee (Current Member and former Chairman)
- A member of the International Policy Advisory Committee, a member of its Executive Committee, and a member and Vice-Chairman of its Organized Crime Committee
- A member of the Board of Advisors of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, Washington, DC.
- A member of the Committee on Foreign Relations, Dallas, Texas
North Texas Infragard Program
- A member of the American Society for Industrial Security
- A member of the International Association of Counterterrorism & Security Professionals
- A member of the Society of Former Special Agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
- A member of the US FBI, National Executive Institute Associates, Quantico, VA
- A member of the Association of Former Intelligence Officers, Washington, DC
- A member and former Vice President and Director, Dallas Council on World Affairs
- A member and Past President of the Dallas Rotary Club
- A member of the Executive Board, Circle Ten Council, Boy Scouts of America, Dallas, TX, and the National Eagle Scout Association (Life Member)
- A member of the American Legion, Post 56, Washington, D.C., (Life Member)
- A member of the Marine Corps Association
Veterans of Foreign Wars, (Life Member)
- A member of the Board of Advisors, Foundation for Defense of Democracy, Washington, DC
- A member of the Board of Advisors, The Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA), Washington, DC
- A member of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (AIFD), Phoenix, AZ